Wednesday, June 3, 2009

John Barricelli's Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

I've had John Barricelli's recipe for Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies bookmarked for quite a while and I thought, "toooday's the day. I make those cookies. And fill that egg-cookie jar. Yum." Yes, I had that exact inner dialogue with myself. If you don't know who John Barricelli is, he's a wonderful baker/pastry chef who works in the Martha Stewart empire. He does the bits for Everyday Baking (never seen it on TV, myself) but I've seen him on Everyday Food and many, many times on Martha's tv show (old and new). He's great. He's also coming out with his first cookbook next year, and until it's published, I hungrily await.

I should note that for the recipe below, I did not have a whole cup of dried cherries. So I used a mixture of dried cherries, dried cranberries, white chocolate, dark chocolate with almonds (see last recipe), and Milsean toffee candy. And yes, it was deeeelicious. Unfortunately, all the ingredients didn't 'float' nicely on top, so I had to be creative with the positioning to show off all the ingredients.

Cherry Chocolate Chunk Cookies
c/o John Barricelli

1 1/2 cups flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 egg

1 teaspoon vanilla

1 1/2 cups oats

1 cup dried cherries

4 1/2 oz chocolate, chopped

1 cup toffee pieces, chopped


Preheat oven to 350F. Cream butter and sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and beat until combined. Scrape down bowl. Sift together flour and baking soda and add into the butter mixture. Add oats, cherries, chocolate, and toffee. Doll out even portions of batter on a cookie sheet and bake until golden brown, around 13-15 minutes, depending on size.

No comments:

Post a Comment