Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Florentine Update

For this Mother's Day, I asked that mothership what she required for the big day. Here's how our conversation went...
Spoon: "So, Mother's Day is Sunday - I'm going to make waffles - what do you want on top? strawberry sauce or strawberries?"
Mothership: "I want...strawberry sauce....AND strawberries AND whipped cream."
Spoon: "Anything else? Bacon? Eggs?"
Mothership: "I want you to teach me how to make those almond cookies!"

So last night, I gave my mother a lesson on how to prepare almond florentines. She needs a little more work on her whisking technique.
Yet in the end, she couldn't help but say...
"But can I use more egg white? I want more cookie...."
Spoon: "Like those almond cookies??!"
Mothership: "Yes! Exactly!"

You can't win 'em all.

No comments:

Post a Comment